Options

SmartAssembly has encountered an invalid symbol

strandedpiratestrandedpirate Posts: 2
edited February 12, 2015 8:01PM in SmartAssembly
Trying to obfuscate an assembly for the first time and getting the above error message. I'm not even able copy the error text from the UI to paste here. I guess I'd be paying you ~1000 to manually re-type error messages from your application into your forum. Doesn't bode well for converting me into a paying customer.

Looks like it's choking on all of the compiler generated IAsycStateMachines that correspond to using the async/await keywords. Found this post from last year about the same issue. Re-writing my code to fix a bug in your product is not a solution I would remotely consider. async and await has been in the wild since 2012.

Can we get a hard date when you will release a bug fix for this?
    [CompilerGenerated]
    private struct ctor>b__0>d__10 : IAsyncStateMachine
    {
        public int <>1__state;
        public AsyncTaskMethodBuilder<string> <>t__builder;
        private object <>t__stack;
        private TaskAwaiter<string> <>u__$awaiter11;
        public CreateUserContext context;
    }

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi there,

I'm really sorry to say that we don't have a hard date of when this will be fixed. :/ It will be a few months in the least, as our developers are currently focusing on other tools.

I realize how disappointing this is considering that async and await has been around for a few years. There have actually only been a few reports received from customers running into this situation though--so if anyone else experiences this, please do let us know so that we can put more urgency on the issue!

Sincere apologies if this makes SmartAssembly unusable for you and please let me know if you have any further questions at the moment!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?