Options

Running Toolbelt in SQL Server 2012

towerstowers Posts: 3
edited February 11, 2015 12:04PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
How do I get SQL Toolbelt running in my SQL Server 2012 named instance?

I've had Toolbelt successfully running on my computer. When I open SQL Server 2008 R2 I see "SQL Prompt 2" is on the navigation bar. I see the "SQL Search" icon. I see the icon that opens "SQL Source Control". It's all there and working fine.

I just installed SQL Server 2012 as a named instance, and Toolbelt doesn't appear to be running. None of the icons above are present and SQL Prompt is not running.

Toolbelt is still running in SQL Server 2008 R2 though.

Comments

• Options
    Problem solved by installing the latest version of SQL Toolbelt.
  • Options
    I have the same thing. I have multiple instances of SQL running on the same box. All different versions. The only one that I see all the tools in, is SQL 2008R2.

I installed the latest version and have paid for the license. But I cannot see any of the tools in SQL 2012.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Options
    mmooremmoore Posts: 36 Bronze 4
    Well, the option to upgrade to the latest toolbelt doesn't exist for everyone. So, while the rest of the toolbelt that we have does support 2012/2014, we cannot get SQL Prompt to work, where as, SQL Source Control does. Just doesn't make any since.

Well, I just got an e-mail from Red-Gate, Toolbelt/SQL Prompt 5 is not supported on SSMS14 (and probably not 12).
    Mark Moore
    Software Engineer
    NTS Data Services, LLC