Options

SQL Compare and Out of Sync Tables

jmostertjmostert Posts: 4 New member
edited December 1, 2014 2:51AM in SQL Compare 11
Hi,

I've been testing the scenario (which we've had many times with our manual upgrade procedure) where a table is out of sync between two databases, specifically w.r.t the column orders. For example, say Table X has columns A, B and C. In Database 1 Table X is setup correctly as Columns A, B and C. However, in database 2, Table X is setup as Columns A, C and B. SQL Compare doesn't seem to pick the difference up; except if I'm doing something wrong. Note, in this example, Database 1 is my source control database and Database 2 will be my deployed database.

Please let me know if I'm not explaining myself well or if you need any further information.

Thank you in advance!

Johan

Comments

• Options
    Hi Johan,

In the project options, there is an option called "Force column" order. If you turn this on then it will force SQL Compare to report a different column order as a difference. This option is turned off by default.

Does this answer your question?
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for the feedback.

That sounds perfect. However, would you mind directing me to the Project Options? I'm a complete novice when it comes to the software as I'm currently evaluating it. What I've seen thus far is excellent. I would like to test this scenario though as it's given us many headaches in the past.

Kind regards,

Johan
  • Options
    Hi Robert,

Please ignore my last post. I found the setting.

Regards,

Johan