Windows Server 2012 R2 - when, please?

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited November 26, 2014 8:45AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Standardizing on WS2012R2 appears to be a no-go if RG SQL Monitor won't run on a VM configured with that OS.

When will this limitation be lifted, please?

(BTW, RG isn't alone! Idera's Defrag Manager won't run on WS2012R2 and won't support a SQL2014 repository, so at least SQL Monitor is half way there...)
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Hi

Thanks for your inquiry!
    I am checking into this on our end, and will post you a reply via the forums when I have more info.

Thanks for your patience!

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    How goes the research, Ricky?

I seriously need to make a decision on whether to use OLD technology or put ourselves into the CURRENT realm for years to come.

Monday wasn't a UK holiday AFAIK (I'm English, so tend to keep up on that stuff, even though I'm over the left-side of the pond)...

Thanks for your endeavors.
    Decide wisely...
  • We haven't specifically tested against Windows Server 2012 R2, which is why we do not list it on our website as being supported. We would need to perform the usual due diligence testing before we could add this. However, having used VM's with this version myself on a number of occasions, and worked with a number of users who have already migrated to it, I haven't come across any problems.

As usual though, if you encounter specific problems then please contact support@red-gate.com where we will raise a support ticket and investigate.
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    Is any of the cited users monitoring a windows failover cluster by any chance?

If they're good, I should be good to upgrade.

Many thanks thus far.
    Decide wisely...
  • To be honest I am not sure. We haven't had anyone with any specific problems with Windows Server 2012 R2, and so have not had reason to investigate their environments to any degree.