Price Point?

samjudsonsamjudson Posts: 16
edited November 11, 2014 8:45AM in DLM Automation
Hi

Just wondering how this is going to be sold? Will it be part of the automation pack? Will it be sold separately? Do you know yet?

Sam

Comments

• Hi Sam,

Sorry about the late reply, it was lost and went unnoticed!

We’re still working out exactly how we’ll package and price SQL Release, so I’m afraid I can’t give an exact answer here.

It’s most likely going to be added to the SQL Automation Pack, which is a collection of mostly command line Red Gate tools licensed for running on automated agents. It’s where SQL CI and the command line versions of Compare and Data Compare live. The tools within it are licenced per build agent.

Obviously not a promise, but we are planning for it to be in the £2-4K bracket which would enable you to setup database CI (with SQL CI) on a couple of build agents and setup SQL Release for your release management tool.

Hope that helps! How are you getting on with SQL Release?

Regards,

Chirayu
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Software Engineer - Deployment Manager
    Red Gate
  • I've only had a very quick job at testing it, but it looks very good so far - unfortunately on the project I am on the database setup is a bit complicated (a single 'project' can actually target multiple database, each of which is slightly different in terms of indexes, views, and in some cases even primary and clustered keys).

I definitely think there is a place for something like this in our organisation though, so will be trying to get something working on my next project I think.

Sam
  • Thanks Sam! If you need any help in setting up for your new project, do let us know.
    Chirayu Shishodiya
    Software Engineer - Deployment Manager
    Red Gate