Options

Using SQL Compare to push schema changes to replicated table

pmourfieldpmourfield Posts: 3
edited October 28, 2014 10:59AM in SQL Compare 11
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to push schema changes to tables that are transactionally replicated in SQL 2014 using SQL Compare? I have tried using the tools as I normally do but it seems to keep breaking replication. I found an article on MSDN that talks about using sp_repladdcolumn and sp_repldropcolumnrather than ALTER TABLE, but would like to be able to use a tool if possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pete

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

SQL Compare does not fully support replicated databases and replicated objects. I have added the details of this forum post to an existing feature request, reference SC-2437. The feature request is requesting that SQL Compare handle replication correctly.

I also recommend that you create a new User Voice forum TOPIC. The User Voice Forum is the preferred method of submitting a feature request. The more votes and comments a topic receives will increase the chances of a feature being incorporated into a new version of SQL Compare. The User Voice Forum is activley monitored by the Development Team and Product managers.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. I have added this request to the UserVoice site here: http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/141 ... -databases

Pete