Options

Visual Studio 2010 Closes and Reloads

pgscannellpgscannell Posts: 5
edited October 27, 2014 4:14PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
Since I added the .net reflector plugin, I've had a problem. Whenever I have a solution open and I either close it or attempt to open another one, Visual Studio closes (I get a popup that says "Visual Studio has encountered a problem and has to close") followed immediately by a popup saying that Visual Studio is restarting.

It restarts and then I am able to open a project. Oddly, if what I had done was click on "Open a project..." and double click on the solution file, then VS restarts that project is at the top of my list. That would mean that some part of the process did succeed, otherwise, the project list wouldn't have changed, right?

This is a very annoying problem, as you might imagine.

Has anyone experienced this? What is the fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post!

I believe we had a support ticket open on this, but in case anyone else runs into this issue, the problem happens on VS instances where an expired .NET Reflector trial is still installed.

If this is the case, please activate .NET Reflector if you have a license (.NET Reflector>Help>Enter serial number), or uninstall it if not (Tools>Extensions and Updates).

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?