Default 'Include Dependencies' to unchecked

When we check in we often get a prompt if we want to include dependencies. Our workflow process dictates that we uncheck this however there are times when a developer accidentally leaves this checked which can cause problems.
Is there a way to have this unchecked by default?

Comments

• I don't believe it's possible to default this to being unchecked.

Out of curiosity, what's the reason behind not committing dependencies? Not doing so increases the likelihood getting the repository into a state where other developers cannot retrieve changes (for example if you create a couple of new tables linked by a FK, but only commit one of them (saying no to dependencies), Get Latest will fail for other users when we try to create the FK, as the other table is missing)
    Systems Software Engineer

Redgate Software

• I can't speak for the original poster, but we have the same issue.

The reason for it in our case is that our codebase is only responsible for a subset of the database, which we identify by a common prefix used in the filter rules. The rest is under the control of a third party vendor. The inclusion of dependencies ignores the filter rules and pulls a bunch of items into source control that aren't supposed to be under source control at all.
  • Hi

Thanks for replying to the forum post!
    I went ahead and created a ticket for you, and would like to take this issue offline to discuss next steps.

I will contact you through the case via the email listed for your forum account.

Thanks for your time!

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.