Options

SQL Data Generator forgets python scripts and functions

travisrjohnsontravisrjohnson Posts: 2
edited December 24, 2014 5:26PM in SQL Data Generator
I have an issue with SQL Data Generator where fields forgot the python function or script that is saved. If I have some code, such as below, and I click out of the field, the preview data shows the values in the column as expected. But if I click back into the column to edit the script, the script text disappears and the value for the column is set to null.

This happens with all python scripts and functions, such as the Cross Column DateAdd. I have multiple columns that each have a date value that is a few days after the previous column. When I wanted to edit the columns to change the number of days that were different between the columns, their all become blank as I clicked on them to edit the DateAdd parameter.

def main(config):
return random.randint(0,50000)

I had python 2.7.8 installed initially, and then unisntalled it and installed 2.7.7. The issue is present with both versions.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Travis,

Thanks for submitting your inquiry!

I will be working on a reproduction of this issue and will update you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Hi Travis,

I'd like to take this offline and do some additional troubleshooting with you. I will be responding to you through the existing case.

Thanks!

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    Hello. I would like to know what was the resolution of this issue. I'm experiencing the same problem.
  • Options
    I am also having the same problem, very annoying when you lost a larger script.
    Now I have to keep all the scripts in external files and recreate them every time I load the project.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm having the same problem and it makes this tool so frustrating that I'm about to abandon it all-together. Is there any resolution?