Options

Getting started

pshrospshros Posts: 2
edited September 30, 2014 2:02PM in Data Compare for Oracle
Hi,

I am new to Oracle, and have an application that uses the managed .NET provider (Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll v4.112.3.50). My connection string is User ID=student;Password=******;Data Source=***.***.***.**:****/ASYDB;Pooling=false;

I am trying to use Data Compare for Oracle but can get neither the TNS nor the Manual modes to connect. I get the following error below. Clearly I need to install or configure something. Any pointers?

Connection Initialization Error
Unable to connect to database ***.***.***.**(ASYDB):

Unable to load d:\app\Peter\product\11.2.0\client_1\oci.dll. Please check that you use 64x version of Oracle client with 64x application.

Please check you are using the correct architecture version of Data Compare, and that you are using a 9i client version or above.

If these problems persist, please enable direct connection mode in Application Options and retry.
OK

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

It's possible you installed the 32-bit client on a 64-bit machine, which is fine, but requires you to use our "Data Compare for Oracle 2 (32-bit)" executable.

If not, then it would be good if you could try going to "Tools->Application Options..." in the menu, and checking the box for "Prefer direct connection". Restart the application and try again.

Let us know how you get on!

Michael Christofides
    Product Manager - Oracle tools
  • Options
    syedshah20syedshah20 Posts: 1
    edited February 6, 2016 7:13AM
    I am trying to use Data Compare for Oracle but can get neither the TNS nor the Manual modes to connect. I get the following error below. Clearly I need to install or configure something. Any pointers?
    === solitaire ===
  • Options
    Hi, I afraid can't see the error message you've posted.

Could you submit a support request and perhaps attach it as an image?
    https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/home

Many thanks,
    Michael