OutOfMemoryException when building project. 6.8.0.121

lucasseries900lucasseries900 Posts: 2
edited September 27, 2014 3:15PM in SmartAssembly
I have been getting a System.OutOfMemoryException when building a project.

SA will throw the Exception when it gets to approx 1.2 GB in memory. It only gets to about 35% through the build process. It looks like it finishes the obfuscating process and then chokes right after.

The machine that I am working has a total of 8 GB of memory. The machine has plenty of memory left.

Any ideas why we throwing this type of exception when there is plenty of memory and are there any possible solutions??

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    We're getting the exact same problem. Any solutions on the horizon!? Seems to work more reliably when run from the .exe as opposed to running from the command line...
  • MartinHMartinH Posts: 82 Bronze 2
    I'm also experiencing the same problem.

Are the any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
    Martin.
  • We are also seeing the same issue in 6.8.0.121. Did anyone ever get a resolution?
  • danypd69danypd69 Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    I have the same issue but the only workaround is to try the build until it succeeds.
    SmartAssembly seems a dead project there has been no new versions in ages and the support only says that the developers are busy on other things.
  • MartyOMartyO Posts: 3 Bronze 2
    I also get this problem regularly. Like danypd69 I need to restart SA and retry several times . I'm just waiting for the day when this no longer works for me, at which point this become a very critical issue for us.

SA is a great product and the team at Red Gate are fantastic. Come on guys, time to get this sorted.
  • I'm also having the same problem, i have to uncheck some options and retry to be successfull.
    When do we have a fix for this?
  • The solution to this problem is to use the 64-bit version of SA, which I don't think is released yet as there are still some issues.

I am using the (beta?) version successfully with workarounds (must use SQL error db, not mdb and the SA projects must be run using command line).

Try contacting support about getting this build, and please put the pressure on them to finish this project. 32-bit is dead. :)
  • mltgamesmltgames Posts: 17 Bronze 1
    I have the exact same issue while I'm building 10x the same build. It look like there is a memory leak somewhere in 6.8.0.121