Options

Symantec Anti-Virus

DsteyerDsteyer Posts: 3
I installed SQL Data Compare on my computer and began a data compare project. As the project was running Symatec pooped up with the following:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Threat: Bloodhound.Exploit.59
File: C:\DOCUME~1\dsteyer\LOCALS~1\Temp\RGDC-F~4
Computer: **********
User: dsteyer
Action Taken: Quarantine succeeded : Access Denied
Date Found: Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:38:10 PM

For security I ********* out my computer. I had to turn my computer over to IT. I then got a laptop from a co-worker that was completely brand new. I installed Microsoft SQL Server and the Red-Gate Tools. Started SQL Data Compare and poof pooped up again. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Dsteyer,

This looks like a false positive, the file mentioned in the report is a file created by data compare to store your data from your sql server locally on disk during comparison so there must be some series of data in your database which contains the same signiture as that virus.

If you store any exe's/images in binary form in your database then I suggest you give them a scan somehow otherwise I wouldn't worry about it as that file is document safe (IE nothing from it is ever executed by SQL Data Compare) it is just used as local storage during the comparison and display of results.

Hope this helps,

- James
    --
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd