Missing Dependencies

vancebradfordvancebradford Posts: 2
edited December 6, 2006 1:58PM in SQL Dependency Tracker
We purchased and activated your tool SQL Dependency Tracker 2.

I read through the introductory tutorial in order to understand how to use the tool.

Next I opened a new project and added an object (a table) in my database with which I am very familiar and expected to to see nine different dependencies (8 stored procedures and 1 view). However, it only identified two dependencies out of nine (1 stored procedure and 1 view.)

I double checked in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 "Management Studio" by right clicking on the table and selecting "View Dependencies". The dialog showed that there are indeed nine dependencies.

Can you suggest what I might be doing wrong? Why am I not seeing all of the dependencies using the SQL Dependency Tracker tool?

Thank you!

Vance Bradford
vbradford@myfamilyinc.com

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Vance,

Sorry I do not have a handy answer for this. What kind of dependencies are we dealing with? Are they perhaps distributed queries or freetext queries? Dependency Tracker's engine may not be aware of or able to resolve certain types of dependencies. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.