Objects shown that don't have differences

mohaaronmohaaron Posts: 46
edited December 6, 2006 2:02PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'm seeing objects appear in the top window as having differences. When I select one of these objects the bottom window which is supposed to show the differences doesn't show any differences. So why are these objects showing up in the top window as having differences?

Comments

• Hi there mohaaron,

Can you give me a few more details about your problem? For example, what version of SQL Compare are you running? What objects types are you refering to? Which .NET version you are running?

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Version: 5.2.0.32
    I have both .Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed. How do I know which version is being used?

The objects that I am seeing are tables, stored procedures, triggers... Basically I'm seeing a number of different objects in the upper window of different objects, but in the lower window the objects don't have any difference. Is there a difference that is not being shown?
  • mohaaron,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

SQL Compare will always try to use 1.1 if it available, so I don't think this is the problem in this situation.

Can I just check a few further issues with you?
    - Which version of SQL Server are you running?
    - Are you using with encryption in your stored procedures?
    - Which SQL Compare options are you using?

If it is possible can you email the schema of your database or an example of your problem to jonathan [dot] watts [at] red [dash] gate [dot] com. This may help us get the bottom of your problem more easily.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Jonathan,

SQL Server Version:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 1)

I am not using encription in stored procedures.

Under the "Options" tab I have "Users's permissions and role memberships" selected.

Under "More Options" I have the following checked.

Force column order
    Disable DDL triggers during synchronization
    WITH NOCHECK
    Filegroups, parition schemes, and partition functions
    User properties

Is it possible that this is happening because I'm using a version of SQL Server with an old service pack? I am going to update this, but I can't do it until tonight.

I'll get an email out directly to you later today.