Options

Excluding table schema from package

lbhkentlbhkent Posts: 5
edited November 24, 2006 10:24AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi,

I'm trying to package up the structure only of a database. At the moment the packager fails due to a row size limitation (caused by a ridiculously large check constraint). I have tried running this via the command line with an /excludeschema switch with the table in question. However I still get the same problem.

Is there anyway of forcing packager to exclude this table when it's building the package.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You can exclude schema objects through the wizard when you are setting up the project.

It's the first dialog after you have registered the database.
    Chris
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes I appreciate that however it is the first step of the wizard - registering the database - that fails because of the row size limitation. In other words I put in the registration settings then click next and the "reading object text" dialog comes up - it is this that then errors due to the row size.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi,

Sorry, my last response wasn't very helpful.

Packager has to register the whole database first before it can exclude objects from the package.

What version of SQL Server is the problematic database?
    Chris
  • Options
    Hi

2000 SP4 version(8.00.2187)

Thanks
  • Options
    I have heard of a similar problem to this, but it only seemed to happen with SQL Server 7 database. So it is unlikey to be the same problem.

What was the exact error message you get when the registration fails.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Options
    I'll point you to this thread: http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... t=row+size

It's the same problem. Using profiler etc it was traced back to a constraint on one table which is huge (10859 characters). If the constraint is dropped it works fine - but this isn't a solution we can go with.

Thanks
  • Options
    Ok this does sound like a issue with the software.

I will try and recreate the problem here. I will let you know if we find any solutions.

Do you have the facility to make a copy of the db and upgrade it to 2005? It would be interesting to know if you still get the same problem.
    Chris