Other result HttpResponse.Content

thieuthieu Posts: 8
edited November 17, 2006 1:34PM in ANTS Load script tester
Hello,

I tested my script several times with the ANTS Load script tester and saved the HttpResponse.Content to the logfile by using LogToFile(WebClient.HttpResponse.Content).
In the directory where the ANTS Load script tester is installed, there was correctly one file added named AntsTraceLog.txt with the Html that the page was already redirected (and I'm sure I logged only once).

But if I run exactly the same project with the ANTS Load tool, I received the Html what I expected and not the Html that the page was already redirected.

So there seems to be a difference between both tools?
I like the script tester, but if I get other results...
Does someone have a sollution for this?

Kind regards,
Peter Theuwis

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thanks Peter!

There is a difference that would cause this. The script tester automatically follows redirections, whereas ANTS Load does not. The reason for this is that the Internet Explorer web browser component (shDocVw.dll) always follows redirects, and there is no way to disable the behavior.

When IE7 comes out, it will have an option to disable automatic redirection, so I'll definitely look at the issue again once IE7 is widely installed.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Okay, Microsoft seemed to make an empty promise regarding IE7. So instead, I've done a workaround by trapping the web browser's onNavigateComplete2 event. If this fires and the URL is different than the one originally requested, the navigation is cancelled and the script tester moves forward to the next request. This should hopefully simulate ANTS Load a bit more closely.