Options

Unavailable values

harrybharryb Posts: 6
edited November 12, 2006 8:11PM in SQL Log Rescue
You say "The data from the log could be unavailable because the data has been overwritten in the log. This could happen on databases that use the Full recovery model when a full backup is done. It could also be that the database is using the simple recovery model. In the latter case, there is no guarantee that the data will be available."

Surely, having Full Recovery is a normal case and taking Full backups is a normal case.

We take backups once a day and backup the logs every two hours, why would data be unavailable for many logs in the day?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Harry,

I think the idea of the original information is about the whole transaction not appearing in the Log Rescue screen rather than a transaction that has been identified, but the data is unavailable.

I'm not totally sure about all of the reasons why the data would be unavailable. I'd have to get back to you about that.
  • Options
    If you need any examples / screen shots / logs, let me know.

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry,

I think the idea of the original information is about the whole transaction not appearing in the Log Rescue screen rather than a transaction that has been identified, but the data is unavailable.

I'm not totally sure about all of the reasons why the data would be unavailable. I'd have to get back to you about that.