SQL Compare does not detect dependencies to view

kejserkejser Posts: 3
edited November 20, 2006 8:11AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi SQL Compare guys

I am using SQL Compare to deploy my database schema changes in SQL Server 2005

Unfortunately, the generated script tries to create views before it creates tables. This means that I get an error when executing the script - since the tables that the view depends on are not yet created

I can of course do a workaround by scripting tables changes before views - but that really isn't the point of the tool is it :-)

Comments

• Hi kejser,

Sorry to here about your problems, you are right the SQL Compare should cope with this. Is it possible for you supply us with an example of where this occuring so that we can take a look at your problem in more detail?

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi Jonathan

I cannot provide you with full details (backup of database) due to our NDA. Would the first part of the script that is generated be enough for you to locate the error?
  • kejser,

In this situation a full backup of the database would not be required, if it is possible a snapshot created in SQL Compare would just provide us with the schema ignoring any data. However, I understand that under an NDA this still may not be possible. Therefore, if the script that is failing contains enough information for us to be able to recreate the table and its views that will hopefully be enough. Could you email it to jonathan [dot] watts [at] red [dash] gate [dot] com that would be great.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd