Microsoft Visual Studio

klorimerklorimer Posts: 9
I have downloaded SQL Refactor v1 for evaluation and installed it.

Can you tell me if you can use it within Visual Studio ?

If you look in Tools, Customize, Commands - Refactor appears but when you create a new toolbar and drag these to it they are greyed out.

Comments

• klorimer,

Sorry SQL Refactor only works with SQL Server Management Studio. The menu you are seeing in the Tools, Customize, Commands menu is the Visual Studio Refactoring menu, which I believe is purely for .NET refactoring.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • klorimer,

Sorry SQL Refactor only works with SQL Server Management Studio. The menu you are seeing in the Tools, Customize, Commands menu is the Visual Studio Refactoring menu, which I believe is purely for .NET refactoring.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jonathan

Any chance of it working with Visual Studio in the future. I tried it out in Management Studio and now I'm hooked but my primary development platform is VS.
  • Any chance of it working with Visual Studio in the future. I tried it out in Management Studio and now I'm hooked but my primary development platform is VS.

Hi,

at the moment we have not yet started formal gathering of requirements for the next major version, so for the near future SQL Refactor will remain an add in for Management Studio only. In future versions however, it might be extended to support other development environments.

Regards,
    Andras
    András Belokosztolszki, PhD
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Just want to add my two cents in support of using SQLRefactor from Visual Studio.

I use Management Studio for management activity, but I primarily use VS for coding and development.

I figure if you can add it to MS which doesn't have an Add-In API, you should easily be able to add it to VS which does have an Add-In API.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Don