Error (IISController): while profiling asp.net application

Dear all, Following is the error that i am receiving when i tried to Profile asp.net application. can anyone help me?

Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Exception: Couldn't log on as the ASPNET user [1385]

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._7(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String url)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at _3._4(IAsyncResult )

looking for some good tips

Comments

• Hi there,

you need to have sufficient privileges to be able to logon as the ASPNET user. If you run ANTS Profiler from an admin account then everything should work fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Red Gate Software
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Specifically, the currently logged in user needs to have the 'logon as a batch job' right in the 'user rights assignment' of the local security policy. Being an administrator will give you this right and may well be easier to do than fiddling around with specific user rights.
  • I logged into the system with the administrator rights only, but when i go to Local Security Policy to edit the "LOG ON as a Batch" access rights, the add buttons are disabled(greyed). what should i do now?
    It sounds like this account doesn't have sufficient rights to change the local security policy. Can you log on with the built-in local Administrator account rather than an account in the administrators group?
  • I tried logging in with local administrator, domain administrator and like a user under administrators group. all the 3 times i faced the same problem. can not edit "Log on as Batch..." ..what we can do now? please advice. thank you.
    The only thing I can think of is that one of your domain admins may have defined a domain policy denying logon as a batch job to all domain users, and that is overriding your local security policy.
  • Dear Brian Donahue,

when i checked, it is showing "Not Defined" for "log on as batch" in domain security policy. to my understanding, this policy haven't Defined so far. am i right? please look into this whether we have any other choice?

thank you.
    Sorry I'm fresh out of ideas. The error code does specifically relate to an inability to log on as the requested type (batch). If it is not the security policy to blame there, I'm at a loss.

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=1572