Compare some tables

rebreb Posts: 8
edited December 11, 2006 7:59AM in SQL Data Compare Previous Versions
I would like compare/synchronise always the same tables, but each time i have to uncheck many tables because i want synchronise just some tables and always the same.

- It is possible to uncheck all (like SQL Compare) ?

- It is possible to keep the check/uncheck configuration ?

Thanks

Régis BOURNIQUE

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Yes, you can select all/deselect all tables using the appropriate buttons in your project settings' 'tables and views' tab. When the comparison is finished, the project is saved. If you want to apply the settings to a different database, you can use the create clone button in the comparison projects window and make a whole new project, then change the database names and run the comparison again to save the settings on the cloned project.
  • I have tried the Create Clone button and once I click on the table&Views tab I see all the tables and there are more then I want to be checked. When I clone the original the projet had the correct tables checked.

I also open the sdc file in notepad and edited the db connection to the appropiate server I want to compare with but I can not open the file in the Data Compare or at least I don't know how since there is not a FILE-> OPen oprtion.

what can I do?

I have like 500 tables that I only want 180 something to compare.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    You have to copy the SDC files into the project directory of the destination computer (it's in %userprofile%\application data\red gate\sql data compare...). You don't have the file->open option any more.

Also please not that if there are tables in the new database that didn't exist at the time the original project had been created, they are mapped and selected for comparison until you manually de-select them again.