slot 16 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist

NERNER Posts: 6
I am getting the following message each time I run data comparison between two servers.

Error: Comparison of 'Server1.DB1' and 'Server2.DB2' failed: Page
(1:2130315), slot 16 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist.

I ran checkb and checktable on tables with ntext/text or image fields and found no errors.

Comments

• Hello,

Can you please tell us the service pack and version of the server? Microsoft had identified and fixed a problem in SQL Server that caused this to happen in SQL Server 2000 SP3.
  • The server OS is Windows Server 2003 R2, running SQL Server 2000 SP4
  • Sorry, I don't know how you would fix this table. a DBCC CHECKTABLE command should also reveal the same error messages.

I'd recommend contacting Microsoft Product Support Services on this one. My guess is that whatever fix they suggest, you may end up losing one or more columns of BLOB data in the affected rows.

SQL Data Comapre is simply running a SELECT statement for this row of data, and SQL Server is indicating it can't get the data referenced in the pointer because there is a problem with that particular page in the database file.
  • I ran the xml command line program several times since my last post and the program succeeded. The error doesn't seem to be consistent and I am fairly confident that my tables are fine.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

If the error is inconsistent, it may be caused by some hardware that's failing. I think it may be a good idea to take the server offline and do some disk diagnostics.