Error code: 3202. Exit code: 1050

John TJohn T Posts: 3
edited September 21, 2006 1:53PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am running SQLBackup version 4.2.0.425 on a WIN2K3 sp1 Standard Edition server.

When running a backup task from the GUI and to a local drive, I receive no errors, however whenever I run a backup task using the extended stored procs to a UNC share, I get the following error:

Server: Msg 50000, Level 16, State 1, Procedure Admin_BackupDBs, Line 91
The database MyDB was not backed up. Error code: 3202. Exit code: 1050.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

John T

Comments

• Hello John,

The error indicates a failure to close VDI. This can happen when backing up to a network share in some special circumstances. Please try using the MAXTRANSFERSIZE argument in the backup command (ie MAXTRANSFERSIZE=524288) to stop this from happening.
  • Does version 4.2.0.425 support MAXTRANSFERSIZE? I am now getting the error:

SQL Backup (DLL v4.2.0.425)
    Syntax error: 'MAXTRANSFERSIZE' after ','

name value
    exitcode 850
    sqlerrorcode 0
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Version 4.2 does support the MAXTRANSFERSIZE keyword. Please check if the SQL Backup Agent executable (SQBCoreService.exe) is also at version 4.2.

If you have problems backing up to a network share, try using the MAXDATABLOCK option with the value suggested by Brian e.g.

master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASE pubs TO DISK = [\\server1\backups\<AUTO>] WITH MAXDATABLOCK = 524288" '

MAXDATABLOCK is used to control the amount of data that's written to disk on each disk write, while MAXTRANSFERSIZE is used to control the amount of backup data that's passed from SQL Server to SQL Backup.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • I'm assuming that you'll also need to upgrade SQL Backup! :-)