Remote Webserver

cgmtcgmt Posts: 5
I would like to install ANTS Profiler on our test webserver and then be able to logg all the activity from the various users that are using it. How do I accomplish this?

Comments

• Hi,

I wouldn't think that this is the right tool for the job. ANTS Profiler is only going to show you information about how many times and the total time a method in the website code had run or how many memory objects it has allocated. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish this asige from using Windows auditing features or perhaps examining the IIS logs.
  • That is what I am trying to do. I am wanting all the method/functions/etc calls logged. But the web app is on our test webserver and I need it to loog all the method calls that our tester makes against the webapp. He is the only user that will be accessing the webapp. Is this possible to do? I know its possible if the webapp and ANTS are isntalled locally but is it possible to do when the user using the browser is not on the same machine that the webapp is installed? Webserver runs the app and has ANTS installed. Tester in on remote machine but I still want the webapp profiled? Thanks in advance.
  • ANTS Profiler needs to be installed and running on the physical machine that runs the ASP .NET code. After that's it doesn't really matter if the code is invoked remotely from another computer's web browser.
  • I have ANTS running on the webserver which is running the ASP.NET code. I then turn on profiling in ANTS on the remote webserver. I then hit the application from a workstation, but it does not logg any activity. Am I missing something or is this not possible?
  • Hello,

Please try 'profile all methods' versus the default 'profile only methods with source code. The filtering may be removing all of the methods from the performance profiling results.
  • Thanks, that did it. Now I am getting all methods logged, BUT Is there a way to get the timestamp of when each methodf call began? What I am trying to accomplish is use ANTS to keep track of all the calls in our webapp. And if a error happens, out testers tell us the exact time when the error happens, so then I would like to go through the profiling log to find the error and then look at the treace to help determine the cause of the error. If this possible to get the timestamp of the method call in the log?