Options

Aardvark Service repeatedly crashing

JasonJason Posts: 9
edited September 14, 2006 12:52AM in Aardvark
Hi,

I am experiencing a few problems with the aardvark service, in so much as it keeps crashing. I can start the service up, but usually in less than 30 seconds, it will crash out. The only clue in the event log is:

"Faulting application AardvarkService.exe, version 2.0.0.6, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00028d3f." which means very little to me.

I have tried rebooting the server but that hasnt solved anything, doing a check on the sql db, but it found no errors. I have run an SQL trace, and the last command run before the crash is always different.

Currently, the service is now disabled, which means no emails will get sent. I dont suppose you can help with this?

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• Options
    Jason wrote:
    Hi,

I am experiencing a few problems with the aardvark service, in so much as it keeps crashing. I can start the service up, but usually in less than 30 seconds, it will crash out. The only clue in the event log is:

"Faulting application AardvarkService.exe, version 2.0.0.6, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00028d3f." which means very little to me.

I have tried rebooting the server but that hasnt solved anything, doing a check on the sql db, but it found no errors. I have run an SQL trace, and the last command run before the crash is always different.

Currently, the service is now disabled, which means no emails will get sent. I dont suppose you can help with this?

Thanks,

Jason

Can I also add this to the request - it is a question from one of the usersm, and it sounds like it could perhaps be related...

"Do you have an idea why Aardvark sometimes changes issues itself? Recently it obviously changed the priority of all issues to "urgent""
  • Options
    I have been going through trying to diagnose this problem more, as it has been causing our engineering department problems (thanks for the quick response, redgate!).

The problem seems to be with scandinavian characters, the 'ø' character imparticular. I think when the XML parser part of aardvark service finds one of these, it just falls over. I have tried to update our database to remove this character, but working with Swedish and Norwegian colleagues, this can be difficult. Will there EVER be a fix for this?
  • Options
    Hi Jason,

Sorry, but Aardvark was discontinued in 2004 and te support cycle ended in June 2005. Unless anyone knows how to tweak it to get it to work, I don't think there is a lot we can do because nobody is going to fix any program code.

I can send you a link to 2.0, if you're on an earlier version. Maybe an update to the mail component will help.