[SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000).

BergBerg Posts: 9
edited September 6, 2006 12:06PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi!

I get this on 4 of my SQL servers but not all time.
I get like 4 or 5 time avery day.
Both on Log and full backup.

Executed as user: XXXX\SQLAgent. SQL Backup job failed with exitcode: 667 SQL error code: 0 [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000). NOTE: The step was retried the requested number of times (1) without succeeding. The step failed.

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    That is strange, because the error message indicates that the trial period has expired.

The license itself will be located in the <system folder>\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\Licenses e.g.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate

The file itself is named SQL Backup_v4_0.lic.

Is it possible that the SQL Backup service application failed to read the file at the time of the failure?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • I´m test now to reset all security settings on that folder.
    I will be back on Monday if it is gone or not.
  • I have same problem yet.
    You have same ideas how i can fix it?
    SQL Backup reads the license file information upon startup. It also stores the last modified date of the file. If the modified date subsequently changes, SQL Backup will refresh it's license data.

Has the modified date of the license file changed, for some reason?

Is there a pattern to when you get the errors e.g. every 3 hours etc, and does it happen at the same time everyday?

Immediately after an error, if you were to perform a backup manually using SQL Backup, does it run successfully?
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • Has the modified date of the license file changed, for some reason?
    No

Is there a pattern to when you get the errors e.g. every 3 hours etc, and does it happen at the same time everyday?
    Yes, its looks like that
    Its Logs files.

Full backup is 2.00 going for 22 min.

Immediately after an error, if you were to perform a backup manually using SQL Backup, does it run successfully?
    I have not test but will test that tomorrow.
    That is really strange. Are you backing up the logs using a SQL Agent job that runs every 15 minutes? Are you backing up a single log, or multiple logs e.g. BACKUP LOGS ...?
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software
  • I hvae schudle jobs to backup Logs and remore old logs avery 1 hour.
    Is only 1 log at avery time.
    Log xxx is **.15 and log yyy is **.45

Its is 2 databases on that server.
    Could you pls set up the job to output the results of the T-SQL commands to a file (in Enterprise Manager, it's on the Advanced Tab of the job step)? Perhaps that might reveal more on what's going wrong.
    Peter Yeoh
    Associate, Yohz Software