Options

Searching problems

rbaileyrbailey Posts: 15
edited August 25, 2006 7:42AM in Aardvark
Hi,

I am having a problem using the search for issues by date.

No matter what combination of date format or separators I try, it either returns no results at all or what appears to be every result.

The "or in the last n days" option always states no matching results found.
This is something that has never worked for us, and is becoming more and more of a problem as the number of bugs stored increases.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue please?

Thanks,

Richard.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Richard,

I suspect that the SQL Server's full-text catalogs may be to blame there, since the searches use FTX queries. You can try rebuilding the catalog by locating it in the Aardvark database (in Enterprise Manager). Right-click each of the three full-text catalogs and select 'Rebuild', then 'Start full population'. Once that's done, check the SQL Server Agent under Management, and make sure there is an Aardvark job for full-text incremental population. Make sure that job has no errors in its' history, that it will run successfully by right-clicking it and selecting 'run now', and that it has a valid schedule.

If the jobs don't exist at all, open the Aardvark program folder, open the SQL subfolder, and run jobs.sql to create the Aardvark jobs on the server.
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

I rebuilt the catalogs and repopulated them, but the problem still remains.
    The job is all present and correct also. There doesn't appear to be any errors in the history either.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard.
  • Options
    What version? It may have been a bug that got fixed.

The whole search mechanism depends on fulltext so I have no clue what else it could be.
  • Options
    Aardvark is version 2.00, with the database version 2.00.

Aardvark is installed on Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    The SQL server is running on a separate server.
    SQL Sever Standard Edition 2000 SP3.

Is it possible the database could have become damaged?
    Do you think something like creating a backup to an XML file, creating a new database and importing the data back in could help?
  • Options
    I just noticed that I can't open any of our backed up XML data because the schema file is not available.

http://apps.red-gate.com/schema/bugsschema2.xml

Can I get a copy of this file from somewhere?

Thanks,

Richard.
  • Options
    Hi Brian,

Is there any news on the availability of the above schema file?

Thanks,

Richard.
  • Options
    Hi Richard,

Sorry, but we don't have a copy of it any more since Aardvark's been discontinued. The apps server has been decommissioned long ago and I suspect this file has died with it. It's not with the original source code, either.