Options

SQL server stopped unexpectedly

pokhreapokhrea Posts: 19
edited August 7, 2006 1:17AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi,

I had an unusal issue with my production server. I have a daily job which backups full, hourly differential and 10 minute tran log. At Sunday 4AM normal diff and log comleted but Redgate had errors as below
6/08/2006 4:00:09 AM: SQL Backup process ended.

6/08/2006 4:02:44 AM: Warning 151: MAILTO error: Failed to send mail.
6/08/2006 4:02:44 AM: Warning 151: Unable to complete command, no storage available

6/08/2006 4:03:44 AM: Warning 151: MAILTO error: Failed to send mail.
6/08/2006 4:03:44 AM: Warning 151: Unable to complete command, no storage available

Further SQL agent and backup agent is running domain user whereas the SQL services is running under local account.

After that point the SQL services stopped unexpectedly. I am using version 4.1 Redgate and this is the first time that this has happened. I also went through the previous log backups before that time and it was taking about 3 minutes for a tran backup to complete.
Is this something that happens in redgate occasionally or can anyone tell me what might have caused it., any preventive mesures to overcome this as this is our production and we wont have choice but to turn this off if happens again.

Any help is highly regarded.
Anup

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Is the SQL Server server also your SMTP server?

What errors are logged in the SQL Server log files?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    No Errors on SQL error logs but windows event viewer system had error
    under service control manager as
    The MSSQL service terminated unexpectedly. This has done this 1(times)