Missing old functionality

BaardBaard Posts: 12 Bronze 2
edited August 4, 2006 5:21AM in DTS Package Compare 2
Hi.

I'm sorry to see that only the package part of DTS compare has been kept (I just upgraded). I found the other comparisons more useful for my job, than the package comparison. Unfortunately, the registration key for old DTS compare and the new Package compare seem to clash, and using one makes the other installation enter trial mode.

Br, Baard

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

If you could give us your old serial number for DTS Compare, we can allow it to work with both versions of DTS Compare and DTS Package Compare. It shouldn't be a problem to have them both installed on the same computer.

Can you please explain the situation briefly in an email to support@red-gate.com, including the old serial number, and we can do what's necessary to make the old one work with the new version of DTS Package compare.

Thanks!
  • BaardBaard Posts: 12 Bronze 2
    Thank you for your response. I have contacted support and they will hopefully bring back the functionality I have had until now.

:!:
    That said – I find it hard to believe that I’m the only one that made use of the other comparisons, even though it does not seem to have been a source of much discussion here until now.
    I wish that those that need comparisons of system configuration, logins, version and/or jobs, or would find it useful, would make their voices heard. Perhaps then, it could find its way back into future versions of the product. :)

Br, Baard
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I think if we ever do this again, it would most likely be in a new tool altogether. DTS Compare used to be called 'SQL Server Compare' in the beginning, but the name was a bit ambiguous to SQL Compare, so it got renamed as DTS Compare. Then when DTS Package Compare was released, it didn't have the server-level stuff in it any more.

So I think it would make sense now to put it in another tool. But you can still use the old DTS Compare and the new one at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.