Possible Bug in Tip

Hi 

see screen shot below the bulb sometimes pops up and wont go away even when i click on it does nothing either, its stays there until i close sql management studio.

Answers

• Hi @etiennesteyn

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forum regarding your SQL Prompt icon bug.

Are you able to confirm your installed versions of SQL Prompt & SSMS where this is occurring?

Can you also confirm your screen resolution & if you have a screen scaling setting other than 100%? 
    I do occasionally see visual bugs like this connected to scaling concerns, and would like to see if that is the case here.
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • etiennesteynetiennesteyn Posts: 2 New member
    hi @Jon_Kirkwood

hope this helps you.

SQL Server Management Studio 19.3
    SQL Prompt 10.14.21.9884
    Main screen
    Scale150% 
    Screen: 38040 x 2160

seconds screen resolution is
    3840 x 2400
    Scale 250%

Using DEL XPS 17 laptop

thanks
  • Thank you for confirming those specs, our developers are fairly certain the placement of this tooltip is connected to the scaling of your screens.
    Having your system specifications helps emulate the environment and hopefully recreate the bug to determine a fix.

This has been entered into our development backlog to be investigated, and any fixes will be made available as part of a standard patch release for SQL Prompt. 

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software