Options

Copy as In Clause Not working

The Copy in that works with Redgate is not working . I see the option available but it does not work any more. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @ShobhitSheel1

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

When you say this feature no longer works, what exactly do you mean? For example, if you right click on a column in the query results and select 'Copy a IN clause', are you able to paste the information into the query window?
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Yes , that is exactly what i meant . I am unable to paste it in the window. The copy in as clause is visible though . When i click on it it does not copy anything to the clipboard and so the paste option is not working. I have a feeling it could be beacuse of something security thing here at our firm but i would let you comment on that.
  • Options
    Hi @ShobhitSheel1

Thanks for confirming on this.

Would you mind confirming what versions of SQL Prompt and SSMS you are seeing this issue in? Also, did this issue suddenly start happening after an event (installing an update, etc)?

I've tested this in the latest version of SQL Prompt (v.10.14.4) and the functionality appears to work correctly for me.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    supertljsupertlj Posts: 1 New member
    I have the same issue. It was working for me for the past few years. It stopped working a few days ago. I have SSMS v18.12.1 and SQL Prompt 10.14.8.6563

It was an earlier version of SQL Prompt when it stopped working. Tried to upgrade to the latest version and didn't fix that.

"Script as Insert" works. "Open in Excel" works. It's just "Copy as IN clause" not working. You can click it but nothing is copied to the clipboard.