Options

Problem Running the Script

QAQA Posts: 2
edited April 18, 2005 4:06PM in ANTS Load
I have recorded a website which use SSL .
But the problem occurred when I pressed on "Run Project" button like this:

You have not set up enough information for ANTS Load to
run a test. The reason is given below:

There was a problem compiling the script:
BrowserClient1 line 72 : Argument not specified for
parameter 'encode' of 'Public Sub AddPostData(name As Str To rectify this, you can either edit the script or use the wizard to create a new project

and when I click on "Edit the script" , I can't find "'Public Sub AddPostData" on the code.

How should I solved this problem?

'cause I'm not sure ANTS would really support SSL or not.

Thanks for all of your suggestion!

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

The current version of ANTS Load has a bit of a problem with SSL. First of all, the server name in the certificate has to match the name of the server you're making requests to. Second, the cookies are not handled properly, which will affect ASP .NET web pages rather severely. Please contact the support at red-gate.com email address for a patch to fix these problems.

The issue dealing with the URLEncode argument affects the AddPostData method of the HttpRequest object in ANTS Load. To add data for a post operation, such as a user login, you'd use something similar to:
    WebClient.HttpRequest.AddPostData("username", "Brian", False)
    WebClient.POST("http://localhost/login.aspx")

The last argument, set to False, makes the ANTS Load request URL Encode the data. You'd need this if the post has non-alphanumeric data such as an email address. In the following example, you want to post a username variable with a value of 'brian@example.com':
    WebClient.AddPostData("username", "brian@example.com", True)

...which will send the email address as 'brian%40example.com' so that it can be read properly by the server.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
This discussion has been closed.