Options

Live Product Training Session: What’s new in Flyway

Gvantsa_HoodGvantsa_Hood Posts: 4 New member
edited September 12, 2023 1:22PM in Flyway (General Discussion)

Don't miss our live customer-exclusive session on Wednesday, October 18th. 

Join our product teams as we take you through everything you need to know about what's coming up for Flyway V10 and all the latest improvements from this year. We’ll also have our Flyway devs available for any other questions you might have, post them onto here in advance to improve the chances of a response. 

:)  Register Here.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JonasFJonasF Posts: 4 New member
    Hi, my access link just takes me to the registration page, how can I join?

BR
    Jonas
  • Options
    Gvantsa_HoodGvantsa_Hood Posts: 4 New member
    edited October 19, 2023 8:28AM
    Hi Jonas, sorry for the delay, the access link is where we live-streamed the session. I hope you were able to join us live yesterday, if not you can watch on-demand here. Let me know if you encounter any issues. 
    Thank you
    Gvantsa
  • Options

Session Q&A

Thank you for the questions asked during the session. We’ve recorded them, and added detailed answers and insights provided by our expert speakers. We encourage you to continue the conversation and ask any follow-ups you might have.

Q1. What constitutes critical vs high vs medium vulnerabilities? 

We use the industry standard Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE). CVE is a glossary that classifies vulnerabilities. A CVE score is often used for prioritizing the security of vulnerabilities. The glossary analyzes vulnerabilities and then uses the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) to evaluate the threat level of a vulnerability. . More about this can be found here 

Q2. Is the TOML "environment" tied to the ADO technical term "environment"? 

No. It’s a Flyway specific setting that is similar to what you might do with the flyway conf files if you create dev.conf, test.conf, production.conf. Instead of managing separate config files, all environments can be defined in a single toml file. 

Q3. Does this tool integrate with Visual Studio SQL Server Project to generate an output that can be used by Octopus Deploy for database deployment? 

It does not integrate with VS Database Projects. 

But its output (the set of flyway migrations) can be deployed in Octopus Deploy. Bob Walker has a Step Template https://library.octopus.com/step-templates/ccebac39-79a8-4ab4-b55f-19ea570d9ebc/flyway  

Q4. Is the "code analysis" done by SQLFluff or some other tool or application? 

Yes, we integrate with SQLFluff, but we also offer an additional custom code analysis capability in FWE. More details are available here

Q5. Have you considered ever adding DynamoDB? 

We haven’t had much demand for this, but we will consider it if we get more requests. As part of the architecture changes, we’ve also made it easier for users to contribute their own code to extend compatibility to other RDBMS. 

Q6. Any chance you have migrations for Iceberg tables on AWS on your radar? 

We haven’t had much demand for this, but we will consider it if we get more requests. As part of the architecture changes, we’ve also made it easier for users to contribute their own code to extend compatibility to other RDBMS. 

Q7. Does support exist for Azure DevOps? 

Flyway is compatible with a huge number of CI/Release tools including Azure DevOps. 

Q8. Do we need to PUSH TOML file on every push? 

The Toml file is similar to the flyway .conf file. It can be handy to package up groups of settings, but isn’t required for Flyway to work.  

We will continue to support flyway.conf, but if you want to use newer features, you’ll need to upgrade to TOML. They can do this by importing a flyway.conf in Flyway Desktop. 

Q9. Will the check for updates button in flyway desktop work to upgrade to this new version? It hasn't worked in the past. 

There was a bug in one release.  This has been now fixed and should work going forward. 

Q10. Will there be a migration process in the future for SQL Change Automation projects? 

We will be publishing more details on how to migrate from SCA to Flyway in 2024.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2023 11:01AM
    Unfortunately, I was not able to join with the link from the confirmation email.
    The link you posted here to watch on-demand takes me to the same registration page only as well.
    Maybe it is because regarding Flyway, I am still a prospective customer? 
  • Options
    Hello Jonas,  so sorry you weren't able to join from the link. The page would not have loaded until the day and time of the session, so for this instance, you would not have had access until 10:30 am CT/ 4:30 pm GMT on October 18th. 
    Have you registered and filled out the form on the right-hand side of the page with your name & email address? Sometimes if you’ve registered on one system and then tried to reaccess it on another, it might not recognise you, so you need to re-register.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Thank you
    Gvantsa

• Options
    Hi Gvantsa, thank you, I was able to access it now. I get a new VM each day at my company so re-registering again fixed the issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file