Options

SQL History - Starred Queries

JR_AUSJR_AUS Posts: 17 Bronze 2
I've checked at the help document located here, but I don't seem to be able to easily "un-star" SQL queries. Clicking on the star icon to filter them opens the advanced filter window, which offers no way to "un-star" a query from the list it shows.

The only alternative is to scroll through a very long list of queries in the main history window and remove the stars.

Is this something that will be addressed in the future?

Thanks in advance.
~JR~

Best Answers

• Options
    Dan_JDan_J Posts: 450 Silver 2
    Hi @JR_AUS,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

My understanding (and I've just double checked this within SQL History) is that it is currently only possible to "un-star" queries from the main query list, not within the starred queries section also.

I appreciate a change to this functionality would be useful to you and so it might be best to log a feature request on our SQL Prompt UserVoice page: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt.  That way our development team will have visibility of it.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    JR_AUSJR_AUS Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    edited April 13, 2023 10:16AM Answer ✓
    Dan_J said:
    Hi @JR_AUS,

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

My understanding (and I've just double checked this within SQL History) is that it is currently only possible to "un-star" queries from the main query list, not within the starred queries section also.

I appreciate a change to this functionality would be useful to you and so it might be best to log a feature request on our SQL Prompt UserVoice page: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt.  That way our development team will have visibility of it.
    Many thanks, Dan. I will log that request.

EDIT: This response (my own) accidentally marked as an answer by me.
    ~JR~