Options

how to unselect some options in SQL doc

rgfriendrgfriend Posts: 21 Bronze 2
For generate SQL doc, my purpose is to create a data dictionary, I only need to show the table name, column name and MS_description.
How can I elminate the column data type, max length, nullablility. It seems I cannot exclude these selections.
Also how can I exclude server name in the doc?

Thanks,
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 340 Silver 4
    Hi @rgfriend

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL Doc inquiry.

Unfortunately the granularity of option selection you are looking at is not available in SQL Doc. 
    Columns are either included or excluded and will include their Key, Name, Data Type, Max Length, Nullability, Identity, Default & Description fields. These would potentially need to be edited from the final document outside of SQL Doc

The server name is inherent in the document structure and cannot be removed. 
    I did modify it in my generated documentation (HTML) - I edited tree.html in the main documentation folder and index.html within the server folder - replacing the server name with any other text. This did change the server name whilst retaining the report structure.

If this is not a suitable workaround I would likely suggest posting up a feature request on our UserVoice site
    This is a portal for our development & product teams to receive feature & functionality requests from our users directly. It helps shape the direction of our products and get much desired enhancements made
    For SQL Doc I would suggest posting up in the SQL Toolbelt Essentials section here:
    https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/936348-sql-toolbelt-essentials

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software