Options

SQL History - Sorting?

Is it possible to sort the results (ideally it should sort by date by default). 
I finally tried the feature (been on .12 for some time now) but when I search, its mixing recent queries with those that are a couple years old (when I started using SQL Prompt).
Results like this are useless if not sorted since there are 6,000+ results in this case (It was just a test search but then I noticed there was not obvious sorting) - See image below.
How could a company that prides itself on SQL based tools not add a default sort to a search result?

I wonder if this product has been off-shored or otherwise farmed off to a different dev team that is just maintaining the quality I used to be accustomed to with this product?? That last several versions have had serious usability issues regarding history (I really liked tab history) and those issues are being addressed at a very slow pace.

I recomended this product for years to those I work with and have worked with in the past but haven't lately in the hopes it would get better soon and I could so do again.
This is taking too long which is frustrating and costing us valuable time and am seriously considering reviewing other productivity products to use instead.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize that you are running into issues with SQL Prompt.

Unfortunately, SQL History does not have a sort by date option. Your best bet would be to utilize the Advanced Search and configure the Search Period to best match whichever Query you are looking for.

I highly recommend that you input a feature request into our UserVoice. Our development team regularly looks through it, and if a feature gains enough traction, they will consider implementing it.

Kind Regards,
    David K.
    Product Support Engineer

• Options
    MZerfMZerf Posts: 1 New member
    I agree this is a major flaw of the new update. I had to revert back to 10.12 for now because of the inability to sort search results by time. I don't want to see items from 2018 first when I know the items a I am looking for are sometime within the last year. I know I can use the advanced search but wouldn't it just make logical sense to put the newest items first?
  • Options
    Rob_IQRob_IQ Posts: 17 Bronze 5
    @dkim1999

Do you know if these requests have gained any traction and if the product roadmap has any specific plans to address the many concerns? Hopefully sooner than later.
    I see some requests for this feature on UserVoice but couln't find any official replies to those yet.
    I still heavily rely on SQL Prompt but am still running an older version so I can use Tab History which provides the simple and quick navigation in SSMS that helps me get work done.