Options

Changing font of script preview popup

When I hover the cursor over a table name in SSMS then click the tooltip to display its script, the font has changed to Courier New.

How is this changed back to my previous font? I've checked both the SQL Prompt and SSMS options.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 336 Silver 4

Hi @Dave Pendleton

Our developers have investigated and can't see any changes in the code that would lead to this font inconsistency.

Are you able to try changing the font in SSMS, close out SSMS and re-open and see if that restores this windows font.

Tools > Options > Environment > Fonts and Colors

I tested changing the Text Editor master font and found that my editor window updated immediately but the pop-up code window did not.

After restarting SSMS the font was changed to my expected one.

I changed my font from Consolas to test it, and then back again and all my fonts were uniform across my SSMS instance.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers

• Options

Hi @Dave Pendleton

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL Prompt query.

Can you please confirm the version of SQL Prompt you are currently running and if possible a previous version where you had a different font.

If you can also share a screenshot of the area where the font is different it will help investigate this with our developers to determine where the font is being set and if it can be changed.

• Options
    I am running 10.12.6.30951

This is the dialog I now see, the font used to be Consolas, which is what I have all my fonts in SSMS set to.

• Options
    Hi @Dave Pendleton
    Apologies for the delay in replying and also happy new year.

I did some digging into the source code and do wonder if there is something going on there.

I can see that in v10.13.0 the dev team did update some code that references the Consolas font family. 
    There is mention of in-lining the font within the SqlEditor functionality due to some external package concerns. 

Is it possible for you to patch into v10.13.0 or greater and advise if your font issue still exists.

Current version is v10.13.3 and is available here 
    https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.13.3.32087.exe

• Options
    I just installed version 10.13.4.32349, it did not fix the font.