How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Monitoring error(Missing metric)

Hello friends.
We're having trouble with Sql Monitor. Missing metrics on different servers and I can't see requests.
For example: Today at 10:00 AM I restarted the Base Monitor service, later at 15:11 PM on one server the metrics disappeared. However, I did not receive any alerts.
At this time, the SqlMonitor and Database server was available, I did not see any errors there.
After the service is restarted, the metrics are collected.Restarting the service every day is not an option.

How can I fix this?

Latest patch installed: 12.1.42.5240
Windows Server Core
MS SQL Server 2019 with CU 16

Show Logs:

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    abylayabylay Posts: 5 New member
    Hello friends.
    We're having trouble with Sql Monitor. Missing metrics on different servers and I can't see requests.
    For example: Today at 10:00 AM I restarted the Base Monitor service, later at 15:11 PM on one server the metrics disappeared. However, I did not receive any alerts.
    At this time, the SqlMonitor and Database server was available, I did not see any errors there.

How can I fix this?

Windows Server Core
    MS SQL Server 2019 with CU 16 patch
  • Options
    abylayabylay Posts: 5 New member
    Hello everyone.
    For example: Yesterday at 10:00 AM I restarted the Base Monitor service, later at 15:11 PM on one server the metrics disappeared. However, I did not receive any alerts.
    At this time, the SqlMonitor, Database server was available and metrics collected on other servers.
    I didn't find any errors in the logs.
    After the service is restarted, the metrics are collected. Restarting the service every day is not an option.

How can I fix this?

Windows Server Core
    MS SQL Server 2019 with CU 16 patch
  • Options
    Hi Abylay,

As mentioned on the ticket you raised, looks to have been a sampling error from the Base Monitor and a restart of this service brought it back.