Options

RedGate Platform Not Showing after Update in Help Menu

The RedGate platform option in the help menu is not showing after upgrading to 10.8.1.23216.

Answers

• Options
    Hi Ngainer,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately the Redgate Platform is only available to users with a subscription license. It is not a feature if you have a perpetual license.  
  • Options
    grondenegrondene Posts: 6 Bronze 2
    edited March 1, 2022 9:59PM
    How do I tell if I have a "perpetual license"? I renew my subscription every time it approaches renewal.

Bulk Actions DOES show up in my SQL Prompt menu.
    -- Gene Rondenet
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2022 10:00PM

-- Gene Rondenet
  • Options
    Same here. I have a subscription, and renew every year. I get no option under help. After reviewing the "Sharing Snippets" document I notice that you had to go to redgate-platform.com to so I tried that, it logged me in automatically, after clicking continue I was shows a ToS agreement. After clicking on "Agree" I got the following error:

Error.

An error occurred while processing your request.

Request ID: 00-04d33969b0d8b86c6ed6724283661898-494ef4447465f2b1-00

Development Mode

Swapping to the Development environment displays detailed information about the error that occurred.

The Development environment shouldn't be enabled for deployed applications. It can result in displaying sensitive information from exceptions to end users. For local debugging, enable the Development environment by setting the ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT environment variable to Development and restarting the app.

• Options
    @nickfotopoulos
    We're looked into this error. It was a problem at our end in the Redgate platform, which should now have been fixed. Could you try again and let us know if it works for you this time?
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2022 4:26PM
    In an attempt to get the Redgate-Platform to show up on the SQL Prompt menu, I created an organization and team in the Redgate-Platform. My startup time for SSMS has greatly increased. The first time I started it it took over 20 minutes to start. It has gotten a bit faster, but still takes 20-30 seconds to connect to the first database. The menu item for Redgate-Platform still doesn't show up on the menu.
    -- Gene Rondenet
  • Options
    AdrianB said:
    @nickfotopoulos
    We're looked into this error. It was a problem at our end in the Redgate platform, which should now have been fixed. Could you try again and let us know if it works for you this time?
    That worked! I was able to register and setup a team. I still need to test the setup in SSMS, but have a bunch of WiP so i'll have wait until I wrap up a few items to test everything.
  • Options
    AdrianB said:
    @nickfotopoulos
    That worked! I was able to register and setup a team. I still need to test the setup in SSMS, but have a bunch of WiP so i'll have wait until I wrap up a few items to test everything.
    No luck. I was able to create a team on the redgate-platform.com website, but still don't have any of the "Log in to the Redgate Platform" option.
  • Options
    Is your SQL Toolbelt Essentials license a subscription license? If not, the Redgate Platform features are not available to you.

If you look in the SQL Prompt log file (ususally in %localppdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Prompt 10), there should be a line that shows what features you have available to you:

2022-03-08 10:17:27.905 +00:00 [Information] Current license: Enabled = True, Activated = True, Features = BulkCodeAnalysis, BulkFormatting, CrossProductIntegration, PlatformSnippetSharing, PlatformSnippetSharing
    If the features listed don't include the PlatformSnippetSharing and PlatformSnippetSharing, you won't be able to use the Redgate Platform.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    nickfotopoulosnickfotopoulos Posts: 13 Bronze 1
    edited March 8, 2022 3:49PM
    AdrianB said:
    Is your SQL Toolbelt Essentials license a subscription license? If not, the Redgate Platform features are not available to you.

If you look in the SQL Prompt log file (ususally in %localppdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Prompt 10), there should be a line that shows what features you have available to you:

2022-03-08 10:17:27.905 +00:00 [Information] Current license: Enabled = True, Activated = True, Features = BulkCodeAnalysis, BulkFormatting, CrossProductIntegration, PlatformSnippetSharing, PlatformSnippetSharing
    If the features listed don't include the PlatformSnippetSharing and PlatformSnippetSharing, you won't be able to use the Redgate Platform.
    What exactly is the difference? Seems like a pointless distinction. A subscription license and a perpetual that is active are effectively the same thing. The only real difference is that with a perpetual if you stop renewing you don't get updates anymore, but can still use the products. Seems like if you can cut off the ability to download updates when a perpetual license isn't renewed, then you could probably do the same for RedGate Platform features. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'll contact my rep I guess.

If I convert my license to a subscription, then does that mean all of the tools just stop working if my subscription expired?
  • Options
    mbourgon2mbourgon2 Posts: 4 New member
    Please talk to me about the various versions. we're paying for a team of 16. I had to just install on several boxes and had coworkers do it. Some installs show professional, some don't, and I apparently don't get the snippets. If I'm paying a yearly license, the "subscription" part seems a bit dodgy. How do I migrate, what is the cost, and what other bennies am I getting? I can't talk to y'all for at least a couple more weeks, so please post here so I can read it later.

2024-03-07 14:44:03.004 -06:00 [Information] Current license: Enabled = True, Activated = True, Features = BulkCodeAnalysis, BulkFormatting, CrossProductIntegration