Options

WHERE alignment

BryanHdkBryanHdk Posts: 2 New member
Until recently, Prompt aligned where statements in a tabbed fashion fashion matching the SELECT and FROM elements. Now, it seems that a second tab is missing leaving the first and remaining lines offset (ultimately missing a single tab insert for each line in the where clause. This mis-corrects code even after manual correction.

Looks to be a bug - or an undesired change. Can this be fixed please.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Dan_JDan_J Posts: 450 Silver 2

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this!

In all honestly I am not aware of any changes that have been made to SQL Prompt that would impact the alignment of WHERE statements.

I'd like to try and replicate what you're seeing, would it be possible to get some example syntax where you are seeing this change in alignment? Also, a screenshot of what you are seeing, and are expecting to see would be helpful if possible.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    BryanHdkBryanHdk Posts: 2 New member
    Sure, here's a snippet that shows Current (highlighting the misaligned tabbing area) and below the manually corrected tabbing which is what would be desired. I've been using RG for years, and have never seen where tabs were offset like this - so it would seem to be something has changed.

• Options

Thank you very much for providing those examples.

I have had a look through the SQL Prompt style options, I was able to achieve the formatting you highlighted on very similar syntax be checking the 'Align items to tab stops' under the 'Lists' options:

If using this formatting option still does not enable you to achieve your desired formatting style, would it be possible for you to provide a copy of your active style file?
    Kind regards

• Options
    Dan_JDan_J Posts: 450 Silver 2

I just wanted to check if you require any further assistance with this?

Kind regards