Options

1.2 Annoyance/Bug(s)?

dylanfinneydylanfinney Posts: 26
edited April 21, 2009 10:31AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello,

I've just upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2 and I noticed something that I've never seen before. Working inside an alert in the detail pane, every time the repository refreshes (about ever 10 seconds or so) the entire detail screen redraws itself. Not only does this cause a bothersome flash on my screen (as I leave SQL Response open most of the day on a secondary monitor) but it also loses my cursor position or highlighted row in whatever section I was looking at. Can anyone reproduce this? Can someone with 1.1 verify that I'm not crazy and it does not do this?

Comments

• Options
    Huh... it just stopped doing it. Sorry for the post, I'll try and find out how I got the behavior to start and post the steps.
  • Options
    PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    I, too, experience the strange repaint behavior with 1.2, which definitely wasn't there in 1.1 or 1.0. When using "next" to navigate through the occurrences of a certain Alert, the whole lower portion paints and shifts stuff around before it shows the detail section I asked for. It seems like it shows the collapsed sections while it's building, then realizes they are collapsed, so it hides them...

Haven't had the loss of cursor/highlight, but can't say I paid attention to that as I was hovered over the "next" button the whole time. The mouse cursor didn't change position during the repaint strangeness.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    I have had the same issue. When scrolling thru the drop down boxes in the lower area, when the screen refreshes, it loses your location in the drop down box. It also does the same thing in the list of servers on the left side of the screen. We have more servers than can be viewed on the screen, if I'm trying to scroll thru the list, when the screen refreshes, it pushes me back to the top of the list, it never keeps my position. This is very annoying!
  • Options
    Thank you for providing your feedback.
    This information has been added to SSR-1598 and should be addressed in a future release.
    Best Wishes
    Emma