Turn SQL Response Off

MHolahanMHolahan Posts: 6
edited March 23, 2009 1:52PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
How do I turn SQL Response off? I suppose I could stop the service. Is there only one service? The "Alert Repository"? Should I dectivate the server license?

Thanks.
Mark Holahan

Comments

• Hi MHolahan,

To stop SQL Response monitoring all servers you can stop the Alert Repository Service, there can be more than one Alert Repository Service however you would have set up any additional ones.

If you want to stop monitoring just one server you can remove it from the GUI, when removing you can opt to keep the Alert Repository files and not deactivate so if you add the server again later, it is in the same state as when you deleted it.

You should only deactivate if you will no longer want to monitor that server and would like to monitor a different server.

I hope this helps.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Thank you for the reply Matthew.

A follow-up question. If I remove a server from the GUI, but I've defined an alert template for that given server, and it's the only server that uses that template, will I lose my custom alert settings? IOW will the altert template get deleted too?

I just want to be sure if I remove the server from the GUI, that the template gets preserved irrespective of the fact that there are no servers using that template. So when I add the server back to the GUI, I can quickly begin where I left off.
    Mark Holahan
  • Hi,

You can have templates without any servers assigned and they remain configured and available so it should be fine.

Thanks.
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry