SQL Search Not Showing up in SSMS v17.9
SQL Search 3.2 is Not Showing up in SSMS v17.9. I did have SQL Search Installed and working on SSMS for SQL Server 16.
Here is a log of events showing where the issue arose.
Log of Events:
1. I had to uninstall SSMS for SQL Server 16 for another reason.
2. I then installed SSMS v17.9.
3. I tried installing SQL Search 3.2 and the installer stated "this version of the product was "already installed".
4. I went to "Program and Features - Uninstall ", but there was no selection for SQL Search 3.2.
6. I searched your blog and but could not find a reason or fix, Many threads on it but none seemed to apply.
7. So, I uninstalled, all RedGate SQL Toolbelt Essentials. Then got latest off your site as of 10/23/2018, and reinstalled all RedGate SQL Toolbelt Essentials. Thought maybe it was related... These do show up and work.
Any insight on how to remedy this is appreciated.