Am I Being Scammed, or Did I Actually Recieve An Employment Offer?

I was sent a text saying I was offered an online interview via Hangouts on 10/12. Guy claimed to be Josh Smith.
Went through an interview thing on Hangouts with a Mark Grant (Didn't ask me for any real personal info though thankfully) And said I was hired for a remote position. 2 weeks training he said. So for 2 days now he's asked me to write essay like papers. I just want to verify so I can block him.
Tagged:

Answers

• RichardLRichardL Posts: 418 Gold 4
    Hi @amandalynn

Thank you for getting in touch.

I work in the Customer Support Team at Redgate. I can confirm that the person who had reached out to you in regards to a role was not an employee of Redgate and sadly, it looks like a scam. Should they contact you again, please do not give away any of your personal information.

I had received a few emails this week from individuals who have been contacted by someone posing to be from Redgate. I have spoken to our IT Support Team and they think that it is most likely a scammer getting CVs from a job site, and then using that information to contact people and offer false jobs. Flex Jobs (a job board site) has also been in touch with us about the scam and are trying to make their users aware.

Unfortunately there is not anything we can do as the scammer is using a Gmail account and we do not have any control over this. Here at Redgate we would always contact candidates with an email including ‘ICIMS’ in the address or from the address, ‘[email protected]’.

We have found an article which seems to describe the scam we're seeing http://www.channel3000.com/station/scam-run-through-state-jobs-website/161881280

We hope that this has not caused you too much concern. However, If you did wish to apply for a role at Redgate, then please do visit our website and submit a CV and cover letter.

Here is the link:
    http://www.red-gate.com/our-company/careers/current-opportunities/

We wish you luck in your job search!

Kind regards
    Customer Support
    Redgate Software
  • areteikaareteika Posts: 1 New member
    Friends, go to This site essaygeeks reviews so that here you can find for yourself a good opportunity to order yourself quite reliable and high quality. That if you do not know where there are such companies and why I advise you to order in them, then just go to this site. And here you can find everything.
  • rosie4rosie4 Posts: 1 New member
    I also ran into this situation through Flex Jobs. Thanks for the clear support response.
    Thank you for your attention. My blog you can read here.