Options

Help with "SQL Response cannot retrieve the details for..."

ptoussaintptoussaint Posts: 4
edited January 5, 2009 4:28AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I'm getting an error on several of the alerts in SQL response. They all seem to say the same thing:

SQL Response cannot retrieve the details for this alert.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ae.a(String , TraceDataRow , aa , IDictionary`2 )
at ae.a(XmlEasyElement , IAlertFileHandle , MethodInvoker )
at RedGate.SqlResponse.IncidentDetails.IncidentDetailsTabControl.f()

Any suggestions on how to access the details, or how to stop it from happening?
Patrick Toussaint

Comments

• Options
    Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry you are seeing this issue. Which version of the SQL Response Client are you using?

Does this happen on a specific alert type or just in general?

Thanks,
    --
    Daniel
  • Options
    My SQL Response client is version 1.1.0.17, and I have gotten the error on a variety of alerts, but not in all instances of the alert. I'll be able to pull the full information for several alerts, then suddenly one or more with the error, and then valid entries again. I've checked the time stamps to rule out a certain time in case it's caused by a job running on the network of some sort - nothing showing a pattern of any sort. Also, nothing in the SQL logs or the even logs that stood out. :? :? Any help is appreciated.
    Patrick Toussaint
  • Options
    I've been on vacation for two weeks, but am I the only person getting this message? It happens intermittently, and on a variety of alerts, but here again are the specific answers to the only questions asked.

QUESTION: "Which version of the SQL Response Client are you using?"
    ANSWER: According to "About SQL Response" my SQL Response version is 1.1.0.17

QUESTION: "Does this happen on a specific alert type or just in general?"
    ANSWER: To answer it in full, I'll give the following specifics. The only alerts I have had have been:
      1. High Alerts
      a. SQL Server Unreachable
      - Has had no error messages - only normal messages.
    b. Computer Unreachable
      - Has had the error message with normal messages before and after the error.
    c. SQL Deadlock
    2. Medium Alerts
      a. Job Did Not Start
      - Has had the error message with normal messages after, but not before, the error.
    b. Low Physical Memory
    c. SQL Agent Not Running
    3. Low Alerts
      a. Job Duration Unusual
    b. Blocked SQL process
    c. Long Running Query

Again, any help on this is appreciated, but then again, I guess if nobody responds that's a pretty good indicator that I should contact Red Gate Support over it, huh? :oops:
      Patrick Toussaint
    • Options
      Hi Patrick,

I've had quite a close look at the code responsible of this issue and I've drawn a bit of a blank so far.

Could you please uninstall and reinstall the SQL Response Client and let me know if this help at all.

Cheers,
      --
      Daniel