Unable to get 5.4

MasterCephusMasterCephus Posts: 35
edited December 17, 2008 6:38AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have version 5.3.0.178 and when I click "Check for Updates" I get a "No updates available"

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry for the problem. No you are not doing anything wrong. If you have version 5.3 of client installed on your machine then you should be getting the message when you click 'Check for update'. Can you please try again? If it still doesn't work then kindly let us know so that we can investigate it further. But in between I am also sending you the direct download link via pm.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • I am trying to update SQL Backup on several different servers. One client is a new install and is running 5.4.0.55 but another client is an older install and is currently at version 5.3.0.178. For version 5.3 when I go to the help menu and ask it to look for upgrades it tells me none are available. How do I get these servers upgraded to version 5.4?
    Thanks,
    Michael Herfkens
    mherfkens@opsource.net
  • Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try 'Check for Updates' again from the 'Help' menu and let us know if it is still not working. It may be some temporary n/w glitch.

But in the mean while I am sending you the download link also via the PM.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Same problem here.

Although I wonder if I did get the update because when going to Edit -> Properties, it says:

SQL Backup Version: 5.4.0.55
    Service Application Version: 5.4.0.55

However, when checking for updates, it says my current version is 5.3.0.178.

Could you also send me the link via pm, please?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. We are investigating this. But in the mean while I have sent you the link.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software