Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement

Gunslinger1979Gunslinger1979 Posts: 3
edited November 22, 2016 4:32AM in SQL Compare
Hello,

I am currently testing the SQL Data Compare 12 tool from Redgate. Reading the description it is exactly what i need for our web application with a SQL Server 2012 in the back-end. We once had a very huge live database with historical data. In the end this database was 1,5 TB big and caused performance issues in our web application. Therefore we are only keeping historical data which is half a year old in this table and all data being older should be moved to another database which is not accessible for customers in our local network. Now I have to compare the live historical database (with data maximally half a year old) with the huge historical internal database and synchronize both regularly. I would like to use SQL Data Compare for this but I am just testing the tool in trial mode....and each time I try to compare the two databases I get the messaage:

Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.

I closed all other connections to the databases so SQL Data Compare is the only open connection. I also checked integrity of the databases and everything seems to be ok. What can I do?

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi,

Thanks for your post!

This looks like a corruption issue in the database to me and hence SQL Server is generating this error.

Here is an article that might help.

Let me know if this helps.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks for your reply. One of the databases indeed had some corruption issues. But I already fixed them with DBCC and REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option a while ago. I already found the article provided by you and executed DBCC with PHYSICAL_ONLY option but all corruption issues seem to be fixed and no error is returned. So I am a bit desperate at the moment and don't know what else I can do
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    I have emailed you further details.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com