Options

Feedback on SQL Test

Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
edited October 7, 2016 5:45AM in SQL Test
Hi,

I've just started using SQL Test which, btw, is quite cool. I have found the odd thing that could perhaps be improved though:

- Improve discoverability: the only place in SSMS where you see any reference to SQL Test is in the already crowded toolbar, and a couple of context menu items in the object explorer: it's nowhere on the menu, for example. I actually wondered if it was a separate install from the main toolbelt for a while.

- Add ability to disable tests, rather than outright delete them (maybe it's there already, but I couldn't see it).

- When I delete a test is it really necessary to pop up two modal dialogs? The first asks me if I'm sure. Have you met me? I'm always sure, even when I'm wrong, so it would be nice to have a "don't ask me again" checkbox... along with an undo button for when I do get it wrong. The next is a completely unnecessary confirmation dialog: I can see that the test has disappeared from the treeview so why confirm with another dialog box that I have to dismiss? (I tend to create the SQL Cop tests then get rid of any that are irrelevant/I don't care about.)

- Add ability to multi-select tests so I can delete all the tests I want to get rid of in one go. It's pretty tedious having to go through them one at a time at the moment, expecially with the two completely unnecessary popups. I try not to get too rabid about it but I REALLY HATE POPUP DIALOGS that block my workflow.

Hope that's all useful.

Thanks,
Bart Read
Principal Consultant
bartread.com Ltd

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post and for your feedback regarding SQL Test.

I have feed back your comments internally to the development team responsible for SQL Test.

For your first comment, I have submitted a new enhancement request whose reference is SQT-495. For the remaining, I have updated an existing enhancement request whose reference is SQT-478.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com