Options

add <use database> with F12 shortcut

rrerre Posts: 42 Bronze 2
edited April 4, 2016 6:52AM in SQL Prompt
hi,
I really love the feature to just press F12 on SP and SQLPrompt opens a new query window with an alter script. It improves the productivity and it's a way easier then scrolling or filtering in the object explorer or using the tool tip by copy & paste the definition.

Do you know if there is any possibility to add the command "USE [DatabaseName]" at the top of the script. So, in case I need to switch my connection to a different server I don't need to select my database from the available database list drop down in SSMS.

Regards
Robert

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Robert,
    Thank you for your forum post.

The best place to submit feature suggestions for SQL Prompt is the UserVoice forum available HERE. The SQL Prompt UserVoice forum is monitored by the development team and product managers. The more votes and comments a topic receives will increase its chances of being made available in a future version of the product.

I have submitted a request for which is available HERE. Please vote and comment on the topic I created for you using the information copied from this forum post.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com