Options

DLM SMTP Friendly Name

GBoultonGBoulton Posts: 3
edited August 10, 2015 7:38AM in DLM Dashboard
Hello, all.

I would like to add a "friendly name" (or Display Name) to the From address for DLM alert emails, but the interface does not accept the standard Friendly Name <no-reply@company.com> format, saying it's an invalid address.

I have quite a few various monitoring/alert/failure emails on many different systems/servers, and it would be preferable for them to be able to "identify themselves" in the from field of the email whenever a message is sent, rather than everything coming from a single no-reply@company.com address.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Hi GBoulton,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding the email address, the application only checks if there's a @ on the inserted string so you should be able to insert a no-reply@company.com.

I will follow up this post with an email from our support system and will ask you for more details on this error you are experiencing in order to try to understand what might be causing it.

Regarding the possibility to individualize notifications in the from field that seems a very good idea.
    You may want to post it on the DLM Uservoice forum:
    you and other users will be able to vote and comment on this idea. The DLM Product Management team takes the input provided on this forum as an important source when deciding what new features to add to DLM Dashboard:
    https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/25 ... -dashboard

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Options
    Hi Sergio,

As i said, i'm able to use no-reply@company.com without issue. I was simply wondering if there was a way to add a "display name" or 'friendly name" to the email address...I am experiencing no error sending emails, only when trying to format the email address with a friendly name.

Some Name <no-reply@company.com> is not allowed.
    no-replay@company.com is.